Saturday, October 28, 2006

Updates and Pumpkin Bars

Happy Saturday, everyone! I always feel out of the loop when I go a day without blogging. Yesterday was so busy. My husband’s workplace had a huge Halloween party for the kids, and after that, I went straight to a Passions Party!

Yes, I’ve done it. I’m an official
Passion Consultant. You’ll notice the change in logos on the right side of the page. I’m still selling the Discovery Toys, but let’s face it, people seem much more interested in the Passion Parties. I hope everyone will check out my new Web site. You might not want to click on the products section if you’re at work, but other than that, you should be fine. The shopping cart should be configured in a couple of days, and then people can purchase directly from my site.

Also, notice a few new entries to my blog roll that are long overdue –
Macoosh, Momish, Hulai, Daphne, and Scribbit.

Just a quick update for now. But I have some great stories for everyone about the Halloween party and Georgia’s love affair with a miniature mummy, as well as the Passion Party I went to last night. It was a couple’s party with a bunch of cops and their wives. Ohhhh, this is going to be a fun job.

Today, I am desperately trying to recover from a sinus infection that has knocked me on my ass. I really thought my supermom powers would help me in warding off an infection. No such luck. I think I may have to break down and call the doctor on Monday for antibiotics. I just hope she doesn’t make me come in. Because there is nothing quite as fun as trying to control two small children in the waiting room of a doctor’s office while I’m sick. Woo hoo.

Until I am back in top form, please enjoy my recipe for delicious spiced pumpkin bars:

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 eggs

1 15-ounce can pumpkin

1-2/3 cups granulated sugar

1 cup cooking oil

3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Pecan halves (optional)

1 11-oz. package cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup butter, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Instructions:
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the flour mixture; beat until well combined. If desired, stir in chopped pecans. Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.

4. In a medium mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Frost pumpkin bars. If desired, top with pecan halves. Cut into squares. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.

5 comments:

Irene said...

Passion Consultant???

Hmmmmm. That's definitely a title I could own.

BWaHaHa! :p

Good luck on your new job, thanks for sharing your pumpkin recipe (even if I don't cook) and have a grand weekend, Neila! c",)

Sunrunner said...

Cool!!! I love anything pumpkin!!!!

Unknown said...

Those look yummy! Thanks for recognizing my blog!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about the Passion party! Sounds like an excellent job to have, with quite some perks I bet! Thanks for adding me to your blog roll! I most definately will repay the favor. I am such a slacker. There are at least six blogs I need to add to my bloglines, yours included. I keep missing out on posts! You've inspired me though. Off I go!

Peg said...

Yummy recipe!!

And good luck in your endeavor as a Passion Consultant! You go, girl!