I think I’ve mentioned before that we really enjoy doing Let’s Dish! It’s one of those meal places where they have all the ingredients laid out for you. You just go in and put your meals together, then take them home and stick them in your freezer. This has been such a huge time saver and soooooo convenient, and we have been doing it once a month for over a year.
I received a horrible email from Let’s Dish this week that they were closing as of yesterday! Crap on a stick!!! This is so not cool! Yes, there are other meal places, but Let’s Dish was the cheapest and you got the most food. I am not happy. Plus, they had recipes that I absolutely loved!!!
Eric and I decided to make a list of our favorite Let’s Dish dishes. Then, I sat down and pulled from my memory as many of the ingredients and recipes that I could remember. So far, I have five dishes that I have made from memory and stuck in the freezer. We haven’t yet tried any of the dishes to see if they taste as good as they did when I made them at the store, but I am hopeful.
I made Garlic Cheddar Sliders, Calzones, Mozzarella-Stuffed Mini Meatloaves, Citrus Almond Tilapia, and Chicken Crostini – all from memory. This week, we will start pulling them out of the freezer for dinner, and I will let you know how they turned out.
Following is my Chicken Crostini recipe. Since it is pulled from my memory, I didn’t measure anything, I just kind of added stuff until it looked good. I loved this one when I made it at the store!
1 loaf French bread or baguette
Cooked, cubed chicken
Frozen red peppers
Shredded Italian cheese
* Slice baguette into about 12 thick slices.
* In small bowl, mix olive oil, pepper, garlic salt and basil.
* With a pastry brush, brush olive oil mixture on both sides of each slice of bread and place in baking pan. (I use two 9x13 pans, and place six slices in each.)
* Sprinkle cubed chicken on top of each slice of bread.
* Sprinkle a few frozen peppers over the chicken.
* Top each crostini with your desired amount of Italian cheese. (I love my cheese, so I use a lot.)
* Put lids on your pans and pop them in your freezer.
Keep frozen until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 375. Pull the pan of crostinis out of your freezer or place the desired number of crostinis on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly and bottoms are browned. Enjoy!