Saturday, March 01, 2008

Baby Einstein: Baby's First Moves Review


Recently, the folks at Mom Central sent me the new Baby Einstein DVD – Baby’s First Moves. My 2-year-old daughter, Georgia, has always loved the Baby Einstein DVDs, so I was excited for a new one.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I never quite got the Baby Einstein DVDs myself. I remember when Eli was little and someone gave me Baby Mozart. It seriously looked like someone sat in their basement, dropped some acid and made a video. Then again, that’s the feeling I get from a lot of kid’s shows. But I digress.

As much as I don’t get it, my kids (especially Georgia) absolutely LOVE Baby Einstein. They sit in front of the TV completely transfixed whenever I turn it on. It’s amazing.

The Baby Einstein DVDs are an interactive way for parents to connect with their children, engage their babies, and create moments of discovery together. Baby’s First Moves is a great DVD for children developing those gross motor skills, such as walking, running, clapping, and dancing (my daughter’s favorite thing to do). This DVD helps children develop those moves and helps parents work with their babies so they can develop physical strength and self-confidence.

My 2-year-old did express interest in this DVD because she LOVES watching babies. But I would say that if you have a child under 18 months, Baby’s First Moves is perfect for you. I lent this DVD to my best friend yesterday, and her 8-month-old began imitating the babies and really getting into it. He loves it!!

I know there has been a lot of discussion in the news about whether or not young children should watch TV. I am all for it. I think that educational programming like those featured on Noggin, and educational videos like Baby Einstein, have had a huge effect on my children. It amazes me how early they learned colors, numbers, shapes, animals, and how to speak Spanish just from watching educational programming.

If you have young kids, and you haven’t checked out Baby Einstein yet, run to the store or visit their Web site at http://www.babyeinstein.com/ to see their complete line of videos and DVDs, and to learn more about the parent/child interaction campaign.

Baby’s First Moves is perfect for little ones and gives you ideas of activities you can do with your baby. You will love it and so will your child!

No comments: