Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Do you see what I see?

Okay, I think I’m psychic. No really. I’m not crazy. Okay, maybe I am, but not because of that.

I know you all know what I’m talking about. Have you ever had those moments when something pops into your head, like a song, and then two seconds later, it’s playing on the radio? That kind of things happen to me all the time, but it seems to be increasing lately.

Every time I have a song stuck in my head, it never fails that within about two hours, Eric starts humming it. We have sat down and tried to do it on purpose. I’ll think of a song and make him try to guess it or vice versa, but it never works when we do try that.

On Saturday, I turned on Noggin for Eli, and every time a show would come on, it would pop into my head what it was going to be about. For example, when Eli said that Oswald was going to be on, I started thinking of the Oswald episode where he caught fireflies, and sure enough, that was the episode that came on. After that happened three times, it started to freak me out. But the second I start consciously paying attention and trying to guess, I couldn't do it.

Then, yesterday I started thinking about this woman named Kathy that I worked with about 12 years ago. I didn’t work with her closely, and I wouldn’t say we were really friends. I hadn’t thought about this woman in years, but for some reason, she just popped into my head yesterday and I wondered what she was doing these days.

This morning, I had a doctor’s appointment. When I walked out of the doctor’s office to leave, there was Kathy sitting in the waiting room. I almost fell over. Now you have to admit, that’s a little creepy. I went up and started talking to her and did the whole “Remember me? We worked together at Daniels Publishing?” She said, “Oh, of course” even though it was quite obvious she didn’t know who in the hell I was.

But here is my question. How do you harness the power? I mean tap into your psychic potential. Seriously. And again, I’m not crazy. But I was thinking that if I could really figure out how to do this, I could use my powers for something good. If you read my blog yesterday, you know that winning Powerball is high on my list. Or maybe I could get one of those booths at the Renaissance Festival and charge $40 for a 15 minute psychic reading. Dude! I could make some bank!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happens to me all the time. I'll think of someone I haven't seen in a while and then I'll see them within the next three days.

It's a joke among some of my friends that I'm psychic in a way.

Desert Songbird said...

I'm sure there's a way to "harness" this kind of power, but as to how it's done, I'm clueless.

But, I have this ability to some extend, too, and I think most people have the ability to some extent or another. It's a question of exercising it in order to strengthen it.

Mo and The Purries said...

How do you harness the power?
3 words = Tin Foil Hat