Thursday, July 31, 2008

13 Things About My Day


1. Georgia had a major meltdown today in Micro Center. I don’t think they ever want me to return again if the children are with me. I could tell from their looks.

2. I wondered how long it would take someone to call 911 when I was dragging a crying girl to the car who was screaming, “NO! LET ME GOOOOO! I DON’T WANT TO GET IN THE CAR!!!”

3. Should a power adaptor for a laptop really take a visit to five different stores to locate?

4. Eli has a new expression that he picked up from me today – a very exasperated “Jesus Christ!” . . . Lovely.

5. If you drink Chlorophyll water, it makes your pee glow.

6. Three weeks until school starts. Can I get an Amen?!

7. Best Buy apparently has one adaptor for a Laptop, and a different one for a Notebook. I’m convinced they’re just trying to f*ck with me.

8. I discovered that I am out of vodka.

9. Why the hell does every store have a picture or even empty boxes of Wii Fits even thought they don’t actually have any Wii Fits?

10. Georgia only had one potty accident today, which would have been fine except she used my decorative palm tree towels to clean it up.

11. I found out that my husband will come close to hyperventilating if you tell him that I spent $30 for Georgia to get her hair cut.

12. I am still addicted to ebay. I just need to flat out block myself from the site.

13. I realized today that Eli has worn the same shirt for the last five days. This really has to change when kindergarten starts.


11 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

oh my life w/ the littles is so fun just remember it will be boring w/ them in 13-20 years LOL I know that doesn't help now sorry

Yasmin said...

5. If you drink Chlorophyll water, it makes your pee glow.

I didn't know that...and Vodka hope you replaced it. ;)
xoxo

DrillerAA said...

You do rock. This is a great list. I think the folks at Best Buy try to **#* with everybody. It's what they do best.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your towels. As to the yelling, I used to have to throw my son onto my shoulder and carry him out of preschool every day. At least everyone understood.

Laura said...

No 1 and 2 sound SOOO familiar!!!!

Pretty Life Online said...

Great list here! Happy TT! Mine's up too hope you can drop by.. Have a great day!

bernieg1 said...

Nice list. Good TT. I am a Dad so that counts right? :)

My 34th TT is up: 13 comments you can make to your physician while he's performing a colonoscopy on you. Here's the link.

Amanda said...

Re: #9...I actually found my Wii Fit at Costco. I do demos there, and my demo one day happened to be across from a big pallet of Wii Fits...as I watched, the pile got smaller and smaller until I finally grabbed my supervisor as she walked by and asked her to put one back for me...sure enough, within another hour, they were gone. I haven't seen them there since. Guess Nintendo is trying to torture everyone.

Jen said...

Yikes, I thought my day was crazy...

Fun list!

Laura Paxton said...

I am right there with you on the "amens." My list is about back to school preps...
Great list!
Happy t13!

Lisa said...

I hope that you have #8 fixed by now.

Happy TT!