Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Accidents Happen

You know you should go back to bed when the first thing you hear in the morning is “MAMA! I HAD AN ACCIDENT!” These were Eli’s first words when he woke up this morning. When this happens, he will not get out of bed and come find me. He stays in bed yelling for me until I finally hear him and go to his room.

Apparently, he got into the juice pouches last night that we bought at Costco and drank so much that he woke up in a bed full of pee. I stuck him in the shower to clean off while I stripped his bed. This was around 8 a.m., and during this whole fiasco, the neighbor boy shows up banging on the door to see if Eli could play. Dude! It was 8 a.m. I hadn’t even had coffee yet. I said no, Eli was taking a shower and still needed to eat breakfast. Neighbor boy came back 15 minutes later to bang on the door again. Gaaa!

After I dealt with that situation, I got Eli dressed and sprayed his mattress down with Febreeze. Then Georgia woke up. Apparently, Eli wasn’t the only one who got into the juice pouches. Georgia even wears a Pull-Up to bed, and her pajamas were completely soaked. She had filled that Pull-Up and just kept going, so her bed was soaked, too. Here it was 9:00 a.m., and I had stripped two beds.

When I went down to do laundry, I remembered Eric saying, “Oh, there’s not very much laundry this week.” Uh-huh. With the kids’ bedding, that brought me up to six loads of laundry.

By the time Eric got home this evening, I was ready for a drink. Luckily we had all the ingredients to make grasshoppers – yum-o! Unfortunately, we don’t have a cocktail shaker, but let me tell you what works just as well – a sippy cup! Oh yeah, picture Eric mixing drinks in a purple Dora sippy cup. I should have taken a picture of that. Anyway, I got my grasshopper, and the day ended on a much better note than which it began.

9 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

Certainly not the way to wake up, for you or him

Ladybug Crossing said...

Man... two kids full of pee, 6 loads of laundry and no shaker... oooh whee.. that's tough!!
The blender works great to mix drinks...
I'm just sayin'.
Hope tomorrow is better.
xo
LBC

Leeann said...

Man, that neighbor kid has got to go, Neila.
Have you spoken to his mom yet?

I would be very, very clear that anytime before 10 AM he is NOT to come over or call our house, if it were me. She needs to teach him those things!!

Leeann

Sandee said...

Oh I so remember this stuff. I know just how peeved you feel right now. The grasshoppers sound good though and who cares if they were made in a sippy cup? Bwahahahahaha. You made me laugh out loud on that one. TRY to have a great day. :)

Desert Songbird said...

Cocktail shaker? We don't need no stinkin' cocktail shaker. Vodka and lemonade go straight from the bottle and pitcher into the glass. Aaaaahhhhh....

Mo and The Purries said...

One annoying neighbor kid,
Two stripped beds,
Six loads of laundry
and a sippy cup making Neila haaaa-peeee!
Grasshopper!

Anonymous said...

MMM... grasshoppers are good. Forgot about those. Thanks for the reminder!

Crazy Working Mom said...

I hope you had a couplea grasshoppers for me too! *sigh*

After Hours said...

At least it was pee in the bed. I frequently woke to my daughter smeared in poop. Way NOT cool. The first time it happened I walked into her room and thought to myself, 'where did she get a brownie?' Sooooo NOT a brownie.