Friday, July 04, 2008

Friday Ramble

There is so much going on today that I didn’t even know where to begin. I enrolled the kids in Moms Day Out on Thursdays so I could get some work done, and then I totally played hooky. Eric took the day off, and we totally did #13, #2, #5, and #4 on my list. Oh yeah, baby – the monkey love was first. And it is so nice to be able to get a happy in a house where you don’t have to worry about the children knocking on the door asking, “Mommy, why are you screaming?”

After that, Eric and I went to the Bodies Revealed exhibit, which is totally not naughty even though it sounds that way. It was cool. Dude! If you ever want to quit smoking, go see this. It will scare you straight!!

Then, we went and had a nice lunch on The Plaza. What an absolutely lovely day! The weekend is looking nice, too. We are having friends over on Saturday night for a cookout. Hopefully before then, we will have time to put the kids' new sandbox together so they will have something to occupy their time. Although, Eli and Georgia have a new bug-catching kit, which they have fallen in love with. The poor fireflies in our backyard don't stand a chance!

Switching topics, if you like independent music, there is an artist I am totally supporting. Her name is Sandra McCracken, and she is amazing! I saw her live a few years ago, and I just fell in love with her music. You can check her out on her Myspace page, where you can download some of her music for free. Support independent music!!

Speaking of Myspace, I finally got a Myspace page. Yes, Myspace has been around for how many years now, and I resisted until some Johnny Rzeznik fans started a fan club. Yes, I am 36 years old, and I am a groupie. Sue me! The man is a god! (See photo below.) Anyway, this is my Myspace page, so you can add me as a friend if you’re not freaked out by the fact that I am a 36-year-old groupie.


Have a great fourth, everyone! Be safe!

3 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

I had to LOL that you're part of a Harem!
Happy Independence Day!
from all the Purries at
Purrchance To Dream
and Mo, too!

Crazy Working Mom said...

That body exhibit was here a while back, but we didn't go. It seemed like it'd be really cool!

Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Jonah K. Haslap said...

I used to think that married people with kids don't have sex. I also used to think that people from Missouri don't have sex.

You've ruined both pre-conceived notions.

Except I am 100% sure my parents didn't have sex after I was born, because I read it in their divorce transcript, which I found once just lying around in the back of my mother's closet.