Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Chuck E. Cheese Experience


I have been to Chuck E. Cheese (CEC) before, when Eli has begged me until I gave in. This year, he decided that is where he wanted his birthday party. No matter how hard I tried (and trust me – I REALLY tried), I could not talk him out of it.

Yesterday was the big day. 10 kids, 11 adults, and a CEC hostess that looked like she was just about bored to tears. Seriously. For what they charge for parties at that place, they should at least hire employees who can muster a smile.
Other than a couple of little hiccups, the party seemed to go smoothly. One of our adult guests did get chastised by a CEC manager for going to the salad bar when salad wasn’t included with the party. I’m glad our guest didn’t get kicked out, but if he had – what an entertaining story that would have been!

(My TT this week will be 13 pictures we took at CEC, so check back on Thursday.)

Anyway, the kids seemed to have a great time. Except for Georgia. Our party table was located right in front of the big, animatronic Chuck E. Cheese. That thing scared the living shit out of my daughter. Admittedly, Chuck E. Cheese is a little scary, but Georgia was freaked. She wouldn’t sit at the table – I had to take her to a table towards the back to get her to stop screaming. I sat her by grandma and tried to go back up front to take pictures, but Georgia seemed to be worried that I would be attacked by the giant scary mouse and started screaming again.

If I thought that was bad, about an hour into the party, the real Chuck E. Cheese (i.e. person in a CEC suit) came out to greet the kids, hug them, and sing Happy Birthday.

Georgia flipped the f*ck out! She ran, screaming, “NO! NO! NO! NO!” Seriously, she was running as if she were being chased by Jack the Ripper. I picked her up, and the poor girl was shaking like a leaf. I felt so bad for her. I tried to explain how mommy wouldn’t let CEC hurt her, but she was having none of it. If I took one step back toward the party, she started screaming again.

So, the moral of the story is this. Eli had the best birthday ever, and informed me that he wants to have his party at Chuck E. Cheese every year. But, that trip Eric has been wanting us to take to DisneyWorld is definitely out. I don’t think poor little Georgia would be able to handle it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My godchild tripped out at CEC like Georgia did... It's just the fact that he's big and the place is such an assault to the senses.

Crazy Working Mom said...

OMG, Tyler is scared to death of the big mouse too! Shelby will not get nearly as close as Eli did! I HATE that place...what a way to suck your money out of you?!