Friday, August 01, 2008

Mommy needs a break!

It has been a very long day. Just to give you an indication, here are a few comments I made today:

“Georgia! Be careful with that magic wand! It’s sharp!”

“Eli, stop screaming!”

“Georgia! Quit casting spells on your brother.”

“Don’t hug the cats so hard!”

“Did you poop in the sandbox?”

And there are so many more. The children were in rare form today. At first, I thought it was a good thing that they were going to play outside this afternoon because then I could concentrate on work. Ha!

Eli came in about 10 times, and I noticed that he is really becoming quite the tattle tail. ‘Georgia is throwing sand on the slide.’ ‘Georgia got in the mud.’ ‘Georgia pooped.’ ‘Georgia threw sand in my hair.’

At the last one, I asked, “Did you tell her to stop?”

Eli: “Um, well, no.”

Me: “Well, tell her to stop.”

Moments later, I heard Georgia screaming, so out I went to see Eli repeatedly kissing the top of her head while she was crying. I asked what happened and Eli said, “I hit her in the head to get her to stop throwing sand.” I just stood there and blinked at him. I didn’t even know what to say to that. Then Eli said, “But it’s okay, because I’m kissing it.”

I said, “Eli, it is NOT okay to hit your sister in the head!” He answered, “But she was throwing sand! And I thought it was okay to hit her in the head as long as I kissed it after.”

Okay, I never thought that me kissing their owies would actually end up having a negative effect on them. Before I know it, Eli’s gonna smack her upside the head and give her a concussion. A kiss won’t fix that.

I tried to explain to him that it is NEVER okay to hit your sister in the head.

His response? “Can I hit her on the arm?”

Gaaaaa!

4 comments:

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Yeah, we are real big on the "But she hit me first" phase here. I have gotten to telling him that "sorry" doesn't mean anything if he keeps doing it.

Anonymous said...

How about a vacation until they're 30? hang in there... this too shall pass

Crazy Working Mom said...

Were you talking to the kids or the cats about the sandbox?!

I can so totally relate to needing a break, girlfriend!

Mo and The Purries said...

Yeah - who pooped in the sandbox?
And was this before or after Georgia was throwing "sand" at Eli???