Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Water Sports

Okay, I have to ask, who else thinks Michael Phelps freaking rocks out loud!!! I am really enjoying the Olympics. Eli is not. Today, he came in whining, “Isn’t this almost over?” When I said, “No, it’s on for two whole weeks,” I thought his eyes were going to bug out of his head.

Georgia seems to be getting into it a little bit more. She really seems to enjoy the gymnastics and the diving – anything where people are flipping and twisting. This evening, she was watching the diving and just said, “Ohhhh Mama, I don’t want to do that.”

The kids have been enjoying water sports of their own. We went to a birthday party yesterday. My best friend Stacey’s daughter turned 5. They had a big water slide set up in the backyard. I tried desperately to get a decent picture of Eli coming down the slide. I think I am just cursed. This is the shot I got of my son:


This is the shot I got of my friend’s son:

Dude! What the hell? How come I can get great shots of other people’s kids, but never my own? I just don’t get it.

After the water slide, all the kids went in to play dress-up. All the girls dressed up like princesses. Now, here is something I didn’t really notice until we lined the kids up for the picture. There were a couple of little boys there who were two and younger, but here is a picture of all of the non-baby children in attendance.

Yes, that is my son on the end. Stacey seemed to feel bad that he was the only boy, but let me tell you. Eli was LOVING it. Is it wrong that he’s only 6, and he’s already such a player?

3 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I love that dress up picture! That's one for the scrapbook! He is too cute hanging out on the end...
xo
LBC

Anonymous said...

Yep, he's a player! ;-D)

Mo and The Purries said...

An inflatable slip n slide!!!!
AWESOME!

Why didn't Eli get a pretty gown and a feather boa?