Monday, August 11, 2008

Manic Monday - Boil


We decided to take the kids to the zoo this weekend because it was Member’s Day, which meant free doughnuts! Holla! Plus, it wasn’t boiling hot. Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain while we were there. I think if I had to choose between boiling hot and pouring rain, I will choose rain. Less crowded.

Aside from the weather, we did have a good time. Eric got attacked by an army of really freaky looking spiders. Last time we were at the zoo, he was attacked by bats. He gets annoyed with me for laughing at his terror. I’m sorry, but it’s always fun to hear him scream like a girl!

Eli was chasing the peacocks, which was scaring the hell out of me. I just knew at any moment they were going to turn on him and start clawing. (At least that seems to be the reaction of our cats when Eli chases them.)



I kept taking pictures of signs. I can’t help it. Signs make me laugh. Does anyone else find it amusing that there’s a camel attendant? Maybe I’m just entertained easily.

We stayed at the zoo until Georgia’s temper started to boil over. She always gets to the point where she refuses to walk and has to be carried or she will scream. That’s about the time we head to the car. At least this time, she lasted longer than last time. Progress! I did get a great picture of Eric holding her. I think I may print it out and frame it:


11 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Hah! I love the camel attendant sign! *LOL*

Unknown said...

Gawd, I ain't been to the zoo in ages. Might have to go one of these days.

Later Y'all.

EG CameraGirl said...

Glad it wasn't BOILING hot for you!

Barb said...

I wonder how the want ad read. I also wonder where one goes should one wish to become a Camel Attendant to get trained to become a Camel Attendant. hahaha!

Unknown said...

*LOL* The "camel attendant" is far too funny.

You should really frame the photo of Eric and Georgia.

I'm a bit jealous Georgia wants to be carried. Whenever Luis' temper boils over he just throws himself down onto the floor (into the mud, dust, whatever) and starts screaming. This happens about 1.000 times a day. Try to pick up this little guy and carry him anywhere... no chance. *g*

Wishing you a mostly temper tantrum free Manic Monday =)

Sanni

Gayle said...

Looks like a fun time at the zoo. I agree a little too cool is better than too hot when visiting the zoo with children.

Tink *~*~* said...

Well, of COURSE the camels have an attendant, and what else would the camel attendant do but hand out change? LOL! :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Desert Songbird said...

I'd rather do rain than boiling heat, too. At least in the rain, you can get sorta comfortable.

Travis Cody said...

I'll cast my vote for rain as well.

Anonymous said...

When I grow up I want to be the camel attendant! LOL!

Mo and The Purries said...

Instead of a greeter at Wal-Mart when I retire, I want to go to the Zoo and be a Camel Attendant!