Tuesday, August 05, 2008

An Exciting Day

Today was such an eventful day. I received a phone call early this morning from the company I work for (WikiAnswers), and they asked me to attend the Supervisors Conference next month in New York City. All expenses paid. Holla!! I can’t tell you how excited I am! I have never been to NYC before, and I am thrilled. This will be the first time I have left the kids, and the first time I have traveled by myself, so I am way out of my comfort zone on this one. All the more reason for me to go. Yippee!!

In my excitement, I noticed that the kids were incredibly bored this morning. It was over 100 here today, and the kids were feeling like caged animals since it was too hot to do anything. I packed them up and we headed to Wonderscope Children’s Museum for a couple of hours, where Georgia proceeded to find several boys in the age range of 8-10 to follow around and play with. Dude! She’s falling for the older guys already? Some days, visions of the teenage years just scare the hell out of me.

After Wonderscope, we hit McDonald’s on the way home, where Eli desperately wanted an apple pie. I got apple pies for everyone since it had been so long since I’ve had one. They’re so different now! What happened to the McDonald’s apple pies of yesteryear? You know the ones I’m talking about! The ones that were deep-fried into a hard crunchy shell, and they were so freaking hot that you blistered your mouth when you bit into it and the boiling filling oozed out all over you. Damn, those were good! Is that sad that I prefer the deep-fried, hot-ass apple pies as opposed to the new mouth-friendly version?


Here is the old-school apple pie:

And here is the new one. They're baked now! WTF?!

3 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Congrats on the trip! :) That's awesome!!!

I so totally agree with you on the apple pies too.

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

I adored the deep fried apple pies as well! They have been gone around here for at least 10 years.

Mo and The Purries said...

Dude, seriously, NYC all expenses paid?
How could you not be excited???

And I just think the McApplePies are not like they used to be....