Monday, August 18, 2008

Manic Monday - Wax


This week’s Manic Monday word is Wax. I wanted to post the scene from The 40-Year-Old Virgin. You know the one – where Steve Carell got his chest waxed. For real! That scene is freaking hilarious! Anyway, I couldn’t find it on YouTube. Grrr . . . YouTube failed me!

That got me thinking about my own waxing woes. Thank God I have never needed to have my chest waxed. Yowie! And I thought eyebrows were painful. I put off getting the eyebrows done as long as possible because even though my stylist thinks she’s being stealth (pulling the tape off on the count of 2 instead of 3), I am on to her! And it still f*cking hurts!

But let me tell you, nothing will ever be as painful as the Epilady. Does anyone remember that? It rips the hair out of your legs by the roots. Dude! Who EVER thought that was a good idea? I’m guessing it was invented by a man. I can’t fathom that a woman would inflict that kind of pain on another woman. Seriously.

Another thing I have never had done is the bikini wax. I’m sorry, but I would rather shave. There is no way it hell I am letting anyone down there with a strip of wax. When I was still doing Passion Parties, I had one group of ladies who was trying to convince me of the joys of laser hair removal. They all went in for so many laser hair removal treatments so the hair down there was permanently gone because there husbands just loved the no-hair look. Dude! If my husband preferred that my vajayjay looked like that of a pre-pubescent girl, I would have some serious concerns. Plus, if I am not letting anyone down there with a strip of wax, I sure as HELL am not letting anyone come near me with a freaking laser!! Are you kidding me?!

And what exactly is the joy of the no hair down there anyway. I’m sorry, but I have tried that, and sex with a hairless cooch HURTS! You need the hair for a little padding!

Okay, this train has become seriously off-track. I will shut the hell up now. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

8 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

I've never been waxed anywhere but my eyebrows either.

You're right...that scene from the movie is too damn funny!


...Kelly Clarkson!!!!

Barb said...

Never saw the movie but I can promise that I will never be waxed anywhere. Uh-uh.

None said...

I have not tried bikini wax too!
I bet it will be painful.
I am afraid of rashes or even wounds in that area.

After Hours said...

A little hair goes far down there :) I thought about somehow posting the brazilian wax but didn't see a good nondisgusting way to do that!

maryt/theteach said...

Okay, Neila, waxing is terrible I agree. I do remember Epilady - the guy who invented that is a masochist. Come to my MM post - do I have a surprise for you... It isn't Steve Carel but it is guys getting waxed on their chests and legs... Bwahahahahahahaha!

Gayle said...

I had to visit...somehow I knew where you'd go with this when I saw the word of the day. You are too funny.

Travis Cody said...

I don't know if a man should comment on such waxing, so I'll just say Happy MM!

Desert Songbird said...

Your blog is like a box of chocolates, you know that, right?