Monday, August 04, 2008

Manic Monday - Big

This week’s Manic Monday word is big, and I think it’s just Morgen’s personal test to see if I can control my dirty mind and actually write about something clean. I think I can do it, although it’s going to be hard. Big and hard. (Stop that!)

I can just tell you about the big weekend we’ve had around here. I was invited to a jewelry party last night, and I told myself before I went that I was not going to spend a big amount of money. I was only going to buy two pairs of earrings, and that was it! Well, out came the alcohol. The hostess had one of those big buckets of slushy margaritas. Yum! She seemed to know how to market it. With the big bucket of margaritas and the big box of wine, everyone at the party ended up making some big purchases. I ended up getting four items (Bad Neila), but at least I had fun!

On Sunday, I woke up to find Eric shopping online for a big flat screen TV. We have a continuous argument about how big is too big. I think if we’re going to get a new TV, we need to get a big one. Eric doesn’t think a super big TV is necessary. Well, of course it’s not necessary! It’s a TV! Is that really even an argument? Since all the TV’s still seem to have big price tags, we are trying to comparison shop and get the best deal. Because once you buy a big TV, you need a new TV stand, and that leads to redecorating the family room, and then you’re just screwed. So we need to be frugal.

After that, we went to pick up pictures of the kids from my friend Nicole who is a photographer. You should check out her blog - she is uber-talented! Anyway, I ordered a 16x20, which was too big for her to mail. Honestly, it was a little bigger than I thought it was going to be, so I’m not quite sure where I’m going to hang a big ass poster size photo of my kids. But since they rarely take great photos together, I couldn’t resist getting it. It was just too perfect:


8 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

We got a 16x20 family sized portrait done when Tyler was a baby. I had it professionally framed (boy was that friggin' expensive) and it hangs over my entertainment center. It really is beautiful, though. (Well, with the exception that I am fat and I hate my hair...blahhhh)

Happy manic Monday from CrAzY Working Mom

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the jewelry party. Been there...

LOVE the photo your friend took of the kids. WOW!

Big screen TV? I think a 21" screen is big! Oh well....

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

That is a beautiful picture of your kids! I wish your photographer lived near me.

Travis Cody said...

That is a pretty big portrait. But the kids sure do look good together.

Gayle said...

That is a perfect portrait. I've never had a really great one taken...I'm too cheap! Big screen...I have a 54". It's five years old so it's a big box. I want a flat screen and bigger...don't they make a 72"? I really don't watch much TV, but I sure like movies. Happy TV hunting.

Gayle said...

That is a perfect portrait. I've never had a really great one taken...I'm too cheap! Big screen...I have a 54". It's five years old so it's a big box. I want a flat screen and bigger...don't they make a 72"? I really don't watch much TV, but I sure like movies. Happy TV hunting.

happy-beany said...

Ohhh that picture is beautiful!

Mo and The Purries said...

Both of them with eyes open and Georgia not screaming and Eli not making some crazy face - yep, I'd buy that picture, too.
Hope your jewelry is nicer than the $130 silk arrangement I bought at the Home Accents party. I'm less than thrilled with it...