Monday, June 02, 2008

Manic Monday - I'm Over It!


When I saw that this week’s Manic Monday word was Over, I was overwhelmed with things to write about. But the main thing I thought about is how I am tired of being overweight. I am one of those people who can smell a piece of chocolate and gain 5 pounds. God forbid I should walk by a doughnut shop. The site of Krispy Kreme alone makes my waistband get tight!

I’ve tried all different kinds of things until it hit me that I was coming at it from all the wrong directions. I visited my hypnotherapist last week and discovered that she has recently become certified in holistic nutrition. Over the next few months, I will be going in for a series of holistic nutrition and hypnotherapy sessions that will help me focus on looking at food from a healthier standpoint and lose weight without focusing on dieting. Because, let me tell you, I am OVER diets!

So far, I have taken steps to cut out gluten and dairy from my diet, which are two of the most harmful things you can put in your body. I really thought giving up gluten would be hard until I discovered that you can find gluten-free everything! Dude! They even have gluten-free beer. (Suweet!)

But giving up the dairy is proving to be a bitch. I have switched to a soy creamer – which is a super big deal for me because I usually put Half and Half in my coffee. I have been making coffee with Silk or Almond Breeze instead of milk, and I’m not quite used to that yet. Maybe that’s because we’ve only bought vanilla. I think plain might not have such a funky flavor in a latte.

So, everybody cross your fingers for me as I focus on holistic nutrition. Being overweight will soon be a thing of the past!


10 comments:

Sandee said...

Good luck. I've not heard of this approach before. Let us know how it goes. Have a great MM. :)

Yi said...

After I gave birth to my son, I find it hard to lose weight. I love eating so much. By the end of the week, I notice that I gained 5 pounds or so. I'm a sucker for sweets and dairy products. The idea of diet turns me off too.

Hmmm...I guess I have to research more about holistic nutrition. Sounds interesting. I'd have to program myself to eat healthy food instead of thinking of diet.

I'd like to hear more how your sessions turns out. I bet it'll be great!

-Yvie
http://tangerineslullaby.eachday.com

Crazy Working Mom said...

I've never heard of this approach either. I'm going to keep tabs on you and see how it goes. I'm looking for some sort of plan for after baby #3. Best of luck to you, my friend!

Happy Manic Monday from CrAzY Working Mom.

Ivanhoe said...

Good for you! Sounds like you have a plan, now you just have to stick to it. BTW: I tried soy milk and it just doesn't work for me. I'd rather have no milk then that "funk" (as you called it :o)

Anonymous said...

hope this works out for you...YAY you for making healthy choices!

Durward Discussion said...

Who thought about squeezing a cow in the first place? Would you really trust someone like that? : )

Good luck with the non diet. Easiest decision making system in the world. If you have to do anything more than hold it over a flame to make it edible, don't eat it. That takes you to lots and lots of fruit and vegetables and clobbering an occasional passing mastadon.

Cheerio said...

Hypnotherapist? First time I've heard of it. Maybe she can hypnotize me to forget how to eat too. Nice blog. Very vibrant in colors.

Travis Cody said...

Good luck! The only sure way to lose weight is to maintain healthier eating habits and exercise.

You can do it!

Mo and The Purries said...

I can't handle real dairy in my coffee, so I drink it black w/sugar.

But really, I'm not sure I could give up dairy. I love sour cream and cottage cheese and yogurt too much.

Mike Reeves-McMillan said...

Sounds like your hypnotherapist is on the right lines - helping you make the mental shift to wanting to follow a healthy lifestyle with good nutrition and balance.

I would be wary of eliminating anything completely from your diet, though, especially dairy, unless you know for a fact that it is specifically causing you issues. Diets low in dairy can lead to problems with bone health later in life.