1. My first mammogram. (Oh, don’t you worry. There’s a whole blog post coming about that one.)
2. Continuously making dinner for children who refuse to eat. In the words of Eli, “Do you honestly expect me to eat this?”
3. Three trips to Costco – One to order cake, one to get stuff for Georgia’s party, one to pick up the cake.
4. Staining the deck. Okay, Eric actually did the staining part, but I assisted.
5. Getting the kids’ pictures taken. Yes, the yearly photos were today. The photographer and I went to the park and she started snapping pictures. Hopefully she got some decent shots since Eli refused to smile or look at the camera.
6. Cleaning the house for Georgia’s upcoming party on Saturday. (This is difficult considering my house doesn’t stay clean for more than 10 minutes at a time.)
7. Staying up too late – If I want “me time”, it has to be after 10 p.m. when the kids are in bed. Therefore, I stay up way too late and I’m exhausted the next day.
8. Taking Eli to swimming lessons – You’d be amazed at how emotionally draining this is. Eli has now taken the same swim class three times, and he still refuses to jump in the pool by himself.
9. Trying to make sure Eli doesn’t watch too much TV – Oh, you can’t imagine how well that kid can argue. He must get that from me.
10. Grocery shopping – Georgia refuses to sit in the cart, which makes my life much more difficult.
11. Potty training – If I let Georgia go pantless, she will use the potty every time. If I put underwear on her, she will not do it. I am at a loss on what to do next.
12. Cleaning up cat throw-up – Many times, this is at 4 a.m. The cats like to throw up in the door on the way to the bathroom so I step in it when I get up in the middle of the night. You really can’t get to sleep after that.
13. PMS – There’s nothing like bloating and back cramps to make everything else a little more fun.