Thursday, June 26, 2008

13 Things That Wore Me Out This Week


1. My first mammogram. (Oh, don’t you worry. There’s a whole blog post coming about that one.)

2. Continuously making dinner for children who refuse to eat. In the words of Eli, “Do you honestly expect me to eat this?”

3. Three trips to Costco – One to order cake, one to get stuff for Georgia’s party, one to pick up the cake.

4. Staining the deck. Okay, Eric actually did the staining part, but I assisted.

5. Getting the kids’ pictures taken. Yes, the yearly photos were today. The photographer and I went to the park and she started snapping pictures. Hopefully she got some decent shots since Eli refused to smile or look at the camera.

6. Cleaning the house for Georgia’s upcoming party on Saturday. (This is difficult considering my house doesn’t stay clean for more than 10 minutes at a time.)

7. Staying up too late – If I want “me time”, it has to be after 10 p.m. when the kids are in bed. Therefore, I stay up way too late and I’m exhausted the next day.

8. Taking Eli to swimming lessons – You’d be amazed at how emotionally draining this is. Eli has now taken the same swim class three times, and he still refuses to jump in the pool by himself.

9. Trying to make sure Eli doesn’t watch too much TV – Oh, you can’t imagine how well that kid can argue. He must get that from me.

10. Grocery shopping – Georgia refuses to sit in the cart, which makes my life much more difficult.

11. Potty training – If I let Georgia go pantless, she will use the potty every time. If I put underwear on her, she will not do it. I am at a loss on what to do next.

12. Cleaning up cat throw-up – Many times, this is at 4 a.m. The cats like to throw up in the door on the way to the bathroom so I step in it when I get up in the middle of the night. You really can’t get to sleep after that.

13. PMS – There’s nothing like bloating and back cramps to make everything else a little more fun.




15 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Oh, boy! That is tiring.

I hope you get some rest soon.

Bellezza said...

I remember those days of quiet time only after 10. Now I'm waiting all night for my seventeen year old to get in, and I'm falling asleep!

SandyCarlson said...

Please take a good rest!

Lori said...

A mothers job is never done. I feel your pain girl. Happy TT. Dont forget to breathe;)

Forgetfulone said...

I am right there with you on #7! If I don't stay up late, I get no "me" time. Makes for exhausting days, but well worth the cherished time alone.

Henry (aka Quadpawd) said...

Busy, busy. I can so relate on #12 right now. Darn harballs, I'm ready for fall.
Take a break and have a great day!

My blog is at http://thefurrytripod.wordpress.com

Ladybug Crossing said...

Cure for the TV monster -
TV Tickets each worth 30 min. You get 4 per day. When you use all 4, you are all done. If you turn in an unused ticket at the end of the day you get $1 (or whatever you think he might like).

Works great! Try it!

Carol said...

What a week! Hang in there, Mom!

Unknown said...

Bless your heart!!! Hope you found some rest as well!

Mines up as well!
Hubbys having a give away at his blog at www.valtool.blogspot.com

Hope you will visit us both!

Anonymous said...

Hugs...

Kara said...

Deck staining is such a pain - I can see how it wore you out! It's such a long and tedious task.

Nicole McLaughlin said...

I'm getting ready to start editing the photos, and there ARE some good ones of Eli, dont you worry!! ;)

Lindsay said...

What a tiring week! Hopefully you'll have a good weekend (after birthday celebrations).

Yuck, yuck, triple yuck! Cat vomit between your toes in the middle of the night would make me want to skin the little *&#!!@.

Bubba said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading that! And congrats on the mammogram...I've unfortunately become far too aware of breast cancer in recent years, and I'm walking on the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer in November.

Great list...and Happy TT!

Crazy Working Mom said...

I'm with you on being up late...I do the same thing. It's tough, but it's some nice, blogging, quiet time for me.