Friday, June 20, 2008

Freedom!!

Today was the first day of parents day out. Holla! That’s right, today was the first day in six years that I did not have children with me. Parents day out is every Thursday for the next six weeks. Originally, I justified it because I thought I could get so much work done if I had one day a week all to myself. That was a great idea . . . in theory.

However, when I was actually presented with a day all to myself, these are a few of the productive things I got accomplished:

** I got a spa pedicure! Woo hoo! I didn’t even have an appointment, but luckily they’re not that busy at 10 a.m. on a Thursday, so they got me right in.

** I went shopping. I went to the mall to get one pair of shorts. Except, I had a coupon. If I spent $150, I got $60 off. Dude! That’s a good deal. So I bought two pairs of shorts, three tops and five pairs of panties. Woo hoo!

** I had lunch with a friend . . . with no kids. That one was a first!

** I went shopping for chic head bands.

After all of that, I just had time to drop all my purchases off at home before picking up the kids. I think since it was my first day of freedom, I went a little crazy with excitement. Next week, I’ll stay home and work. Seriously.

3 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

Pamper time! Actually - it sounds like you did get a lot done. I would LOVE to shop without baby for a while.

Don Mills Diva said...

Sounds absolutely dreamy - enjoy!

Just discovered your blog - it's darling!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Sounds like a wonderful situation for all involved! :)

Very cool!