1. We bought a new DVD player from Walmart, and when we got it home and opened it, there was someone’s old, used DVD player in the box.
2. Luckily Walmart easily lets you return things. Walmart employees do, however, treat you like a criminal when you go through the self check lane. Apparently, they were afraid I was trying to smuggle out popcorn chicken.
3. Today, Eli called me "Dude." It was bound to happen.
4. Eli has all of a sudden decided that it’s fun to try to scare me.
5. He’s annoyingly good at it.
6. I was supposed to review a Schlage lock for Mom Central. It arrived today. The only problem is that they didn’t send me one, they sent me 40. I’m still trying to get someone to come and take away all the boxes that are sitting on my front porch.
7. I don’t understand the universe. I was running late for a hair appointment, and on the way there, two buses stopped in front of me, one UPS truck, and a stalled car. Dude!
8. When I take the kids into a Hallmark store, they are not happy until they play every single musical card in the store.
9. I learned that people will practically shove me in front of them in line to get me and my kids out of the store faster.
10. The threat of losing all screen time and being grounded forever still won’t make Eli pick up his toys.
11. It will make him roll around on the floor (amidst all of the non-picked up toys) and whine, “I’m boooooored!”
12. Taking TV away from the kids is really more of a punishment for me.
13. Georgia can tell the difference between real milk and soy milk. When I tried to subtly switch her to soy milk, she loudly pronounced, “EWWWWW! That tastes yucky!”