Friday, June 13, 2008

Locked Up!

I mentioned briefly yesterday in my blog how I was deluged with a plethora of locks. I was supposed to do a product review for a Schlage lock (as were some of you other mommy bloggers out there). Yesterday, instead of one lock, I received 40. Yes, 40! At first, I thought it was just me, but today I found out that Schlage sent 40 locks to everyone! So, there are roughly 20 mommy bloggers out there who have 20 big boxes sitting on their front porch.

I immediately contacted Mom Central to say, “Dude! Come and take them away!” I called them yesterday morning. They called back yesterday afternoon at 4 pm and said they were looking into it. They sent me an email this morning that said they had contacted Schlage and would let me know when they heard something. I received an email this evening that said they still haven’t heard back from Schlage.

Why do I get the feeling that these boxes are going to be sitting on my porch until next week sometime?

Meanwhile, we had out-of-town company today. What I found really amusing was that after they bypassed the mounds of locks on our front porch to get to the door, they never once asked why the hell there were 20 boxes on our porch.

Now, I’m looking outside and we are in the middle of a torrential downpour. There are tornado warnings all around us, and the only thing I can think of is, “Crap! What if the locks get picked up in a whirlwind!" I just haven’t wanted to drag all the boxes into the garage, just to drag them all back out when the UPS man comes back. And he better come back.

I will tell you this. If those locks are still here at this time next week, I am totally selling them on ebay!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm just glad that my hubby happened to be home (completely by coincidence) when mine were delivered - they ended up in the garage instead of blocking the front porch. Although the delivery guy did stack them right in front of the shelves with all of the girls' outdoor toys... I'm thinking that he must not have kids. :)

Crazy Working Mom said...

*sniff* I didn't get any Locks. :(

Crazy...

Unknown said...

I got 20 instead of 40 like most everybody did, LOL. But my husband called Schlage directly- he's the one who gets nervous whenever this kind of thing happens in the household. He thinks it was done by a scammer and we had to suffer paying for locks we didn't buy somehow, so funny!
Anyways, they did take the 19 locks about 4 days ago and I'm supposed to write the review tomorrow. :)
Nice blog, by the way.
Visit: www.hipmamasplace.com some time! :)