Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yesaruney, Posituney

We all know it’s annoying when we get a tune stuck in our heads that we can’t get out. Well, it’s even more annoying when it’s a children’s song. Does anyone out there ever watch Pinky Dinky Doo on Noggin? I’m guessing if you have children under the age of six, you know what I’m talking about.

Pinky is a little girl who makes up stories with the help of her little brother. That’s the premise. There is a storybox song that she sings in every episode, and I have had it stuck in my head for three days!!!! The worst part of it is that the first day, I could only remember the first line of the song. Not cool. I even goaded Eli in attempting to sing the rest of it for me, but that got me nowhere, and of course, I couldn’t get it to play online for whatever reason. (Although, I can today. Grrrr.) So, we sat down and watched Pinky today. The song goes like this:

Yesaruney, posituney, we’re going to the story box!
Where Pinky’s really good at making up stories
And every story rocks!
(Story rocks!)


Simple, I know. Which is probably why it’s been stuck in my head for three freaking days!!!!

I have tried to purge it from my brain by singing tons of children’s songs today to the kids. We even did a round of Old MacDonald. That’s no easy feat in my house. Singing Old MacDonald with my children is like a round of 99 bottles of beer on the wall. It keeps going. And going. And going. Plus, Eli is waaaay too smart. He chooses animals which I have no idea what sound they make. I went through your regular pigs, cows, horses, chickens, then Eli started choosing animals. His first one? Condor. Isn’t my son amazing? Still, I had no idea. I finally went with squawk, squawk. Hopefully, that is somewhere close!

Now, I am going to put the kids to bed early, sit in front of a nice fire, and pray that the current ice storm doesn’t take out our power.

Don’t forget to head over and check out the Animal Edition of The Bestest Blog Carnival over at It’s A Blog Eat Blog World!

4 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Oh, lordy mama! I am soooooooo glad I no longer have itty bitty kids so that I am not subject to little kids' televisions programs and those incessant, insidious rhymey songs!

Ack!!!!! [[running in terror]]

Mo and The Purries said...

glad I don't have Noggin!

We just got the fringe of the ice storm here -- just enough to have to scrape the windshield and watch out for black ice on the road.

Thanks for the shout out about the carnival!

My favorite rhyme (yes, I'm officially insane) in the whole she-bang was rhyming salami with Blog That Mommy!

Have a wonderful weekend
Ringmaster Mo

Angel said...

I know exactly what you mean about rhymey songs! I was au pair to three kids and their favourite song was "Barney is a dinosaur"...blah blah blah. I nearly died and at the end of the eight months I wanted to kill the dinosaur! Rhymey songs can be such a bugger.
I loved the "Are you thinking what I'm thinking" game. I should try it on the kids some time :o)

tkharmonic (Terri) said...

My son is so sick of me singing that stupid song and it's HIS fault it gets stuck in my head. I start changing the words around but still...