Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pigtails and rap songs

Let me start by saying, Doesn’t my daughter look freaking adorable with pigtails?!!! Just look at my baby. LOOK AT MY BABY!



Eli can’t stand the pigtails, which I think is funny. When I put Georgia’s hair up this morning, he took one look at her and said, “No Mommy!! Take her hair down. I don’t like it. It doesn’t look like Georgia.” I tried to explain to him that girls like to wear their hair lots of different ways, but he still seemed perturbed that I wouldn’t take it down.

This afternoon, I had bigger issues with Eli. Georgia was getting into one of his toys. And he said, “Georgia, get away. I hate you!” *Gasp* Where the hell did he learn that word?! I would have had less of an issue if he had told me to go f*ck myself. “Hate” is one word that I won’t tolerate. Hate and stupid are probably two of the worst words I can imagine.

Anyway, I talked to him for a long time about how that is an evil, hurtful word. Then, I took away his DVD player and he had to spend a long time in his room. Tonight, he had lightened his view to “I don’t like Georgia. She won’t leave my stuff alone.” That’s better, but we’re still working on it.

Now, for a YouTube video. Because what better way to insert some levity. This is the Johnson County rap. I live in Johnson County, which is your typical Kansas Bible belt, low crime, yada yada yada. That has issues in and of itself. But anyway, here is a great rap that someone came up with about Johnson County. It’s hilarious because it makes us sound like the ghetto. This would be like calling Barney a gangster. I’m not quite sure what is up with the weird little cartoon, so just ignore that. But the rap is hilarious!!


7 comments:

crazymumma said...

Neila, kids use strong words and it rocks us to our core. Have some faith in yourself and in them...they are just testing the waters. in my experience and I am by no means right or wrong, i have tries to stay calm and explain what it all means. sigh. freakin' hard work huh...and ya, she is awesome in pigtails!

Mo and The Purries said...

First, I think Georgia is adorable in pig tails! The one thing my sister & I were forbidden to say to each other when growing up = "Shut up" because my mom said that everyone's opinions need to be heard.
I think I waited until at least 11 to tell my sister I hated her. These kids today are growing up so fast!

AS for the rap: Ha!
A soccer mom drive-by in an SUV
here in the 913

that is Too Much!
You're right -- the manga cartoons don't exactly fit, but it was quite amusing nonetheless!

Sadie said...

Okay she is absolutely adorable. She must always have pigtails. Sorry, Eli.

SQT said...

Yes, Georgia is too cute!

I don't like the word hate either. I don't like my kids to say: hate, shut up or can't. But they don't always listen. My kids haven't used the word hate on each other, yet. But my daughter has a tendancy to say hate when she refers to things she doesn't like to do. That doesn't bother me too much, but I'm still trying to break her of the habit of using the word. It's just an ugly word alltogether in my opinion.

Sparky Duck said...

I personally love pigtails, but I maybe sick

Sunrunner said...

The pigtails are cute! But does she have a cold? I am sorry!!! Caitlin likes to put her hair up in pigtails too, but hers are so long they still reach almost to her elbows!

Neila said...

She has a runny nose because she's teething. She's constantly, constantly teething. *sigh*