Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday vignettes

80’s Revisited
After reading everyone’s comments on my 80’s blog, I remember sooo many more things that could have been on my list. The biggest thing I forgot was Night Tracks! Does anyone remember Night Tracks? I am fairly certain this was before MTV. It was on TBS, and they played videos all night long. I had a friend who had slumber parties all the time, and we would have the TV on Night Tracks all night. We always knew we were up too late when the videos started repeating. Mmmm . . . that was a fond memory. And then came MTV. I fondly remember when they actually played music videos. Ahhh . . . nostalgia.

But wait, there’s more!

Pop Rocks! I actually still eat those, but they have all new uses as an adult. Are Pop Rocks the same thing as Space Dust in the UK? Did anyone ever have the courage to eat them and then drink a Coke? That is your mission for this weekend if you choose to accept it.

Am I the only one who thought George Michael was straight? I mean, come on, remember the I Want Your Sex video? That naked girl was his pseudo girlfriend in real life. He so perpetuated the fantasies of teenage girls.

Oh you guys, I feel so old. Now, I’m a soccer mom and I drive an SUV. When did that happen? *sigh*

Thanksgiving
This week, I have to switch my focus to Thanksgiving. Everyone comes to our house for Thanksgiving, and I just went today to buy the food. I now have to gear up for a week of cooking. This weekend, I hope you all think of me fondly as I’m making pie crusts. I am making pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pecan pie (see below). Oh yeah! It is sinful.

Pimp That Blog
You know I’m not above being a blog whore. Tomorrow, I plan to describe in detail the orgasmic pleasure I had today while enjoying a Campfire Mocha at Caribou.

Aside from coffee, I would like to direct everyone to my friend Jenny’s new Web site. She makes custom jewelry, and has up a new Website, Custom Jewelry By Design. I think her prices are very reasonable. She is very talented. Check out the rings, particularly. Those are my favorite. They look VERY cool! I will be adding Jenny’s link to the right of my blog when I update my links (something I’m waay behind on). I hope you all will check out her site. Think Christmas presents!

Friday Feast
Now, enjoy my recipe for the chocolate pecan pie I will be making for Thanksgiving. Tell me if this doesn’t give you an orgasm in your mouth!

Ingredients
· 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
· 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
· 3 eggs
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
· 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
· 12 pecan halves

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Over hot, not boiling, water melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Remove from heat, and let cool.
3. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and salt; beat with an electric mixer at high speed until very thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the brown sugar and melted chocolate. Stir in chopped pecans and remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels. Pour filling into the unbaked pie crust. Decorate top with pecan halves.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Night Tracks! That brings back some great girlfriend memories! George Michael, who knew? He had us all fooled! I am making chocolate cake, pecan pie, pound cake, and maybe chocolate cheesecake. I love to bake and since we visit relatives that's what I usually contribute. I may have to try making the chocolate pecan pie because it sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

By the way, check out my Thursday 13 because yours inspired mine this week!

http://suthrnrose.blogspot.com/2006/11/thirteen-80s-teen-movies-that-were-bomb.html

Knitting Maniac said...

I remember Night Tracks! But I have to be the first to admit .. I only watched MTV to see the We Are The World video, and the Ghostbusters video. I never really "got" into all of those music videos.

Slackermommy said...

Can I have your life? You seem to have an awful lot of orgasms. Are you trying out all your Passion Party toys?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pimping my website! I hope everyone will check it out and buy lots of Christmas presents for themselves and others! :) By the way, your Thursday Thirteen this week was great...lots of fond memories!

Mo and The Purries said...

Ah yes, More 80's nostalgia.
At that time, cable didn't come out to the country, so instead of Night Tracks we had Friday Night Videos.
A group of my friends would all gather each Friday night to watch videos, because they were the coolest thing. Then MTV came along.
Remember Remote Control, the game show on MTV? (yes, the start of non-video programming, but back then it ROCKED). I soooo wanted to be a contestant on Remote Control!

Big Hair & Big Kisses
have a caffeinated weekend

mo

Anonymous said...

I thought George Michael was straight too. . . course since we watched these videos together . . . What else would I think. Those were the days. Do you remember our senior pictures? You had quite the 'do'. You should post it (the one of only you of course).

Hen Jen said...

oh, I remember night tracks!! cool memories. And yes, I thought George Michael was straight, and same with Adam Ant...or whatever his name was, he is, isn't he? he dressed kind of feminine...

I remember back then Saturday night live did a spoof on George Micheals "faith" video, remember all the bun shots?? someone on SN kept saying, "do you like my bum?" "it's going to take over the world" or something like that...it was a crack up.

thanks for the memories,
Jenny in Ca

Jules said...

You warned me about the Chocolate Pecan Pie...but I had to take a look for myself. Wow. Um, yeah that looks amazing.

Yes, I also thought George was straight. But I was also 10. I didn't know what being gay meant. My mom used to blast "I Want Your Sex" in the car - she thought he was straight too.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I don't remember Night Tracks, but I do remember the time when MTV played music videos...and there was only one MTV at that!

And yes, finally someone else makes pies and such from scratch. I'm not much of a baker, but my mom is and when I do bake I do everything from scratch just like her...seems way too many people go the easy out by using premade crusts (or even worse, total store bought pies!)