Tuesday, April 08, 2008

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!


ROCK!!

CHALK!!

JAYHAWK!!

GO!!

KU!!!

Yes, my alma mater The University of Kansas Jayhawks just won the 2008 National Championship in overtime!!!! Mario Chalmers made a three-pointer to tie with only seconds left in regulation to send it into OT. I think my heart stopped. Except I was jumping up and down screaming. My husband was crying. And Eli came running into the family room to tell us to keep it down. I only started crying after the game was over and Chalmers went into the stands to hug his mom. Ohhhh, it's awesome here! I can hear fireworks going off outside!!

Did I mention WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! JAYHAWKS FOREVER!!!!!!

3 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

As a native Tennessean I was quite torn about this game. However, love for my recently deceased father came through.

He was a KU grad and was definitely smiling from heaven when the clock stopped ticking. Figured he needed the smile!

Both teams played a damn good game...

Your governor got the raw end of the deal. Ribs from the Rendezvous aren't all that great. I would have much rather had the Kansas steaks...LOL!

Sadie said...

I can't decide if I wish I hadn't gone or if it was worth the pain to be a part of it in person. I cried, too, but not for the same reason of course.