Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday Ramble

Alright, dammit, I broke down. Eli and I made the Oatmeal Scotchies today. I needed something with oats, so it was the either Scotchies or No-bake Cookies. I went with the Scotchies because the picture I posted on my blog yesterday was making me drool. So I have a full batch of fresh-baked Scotchies if you’re in the neighborhood.

I waited until Georgia was napping before I yanked Eli away from SpongeBob so we could make cookies. I just didn’t have the energy to do it while Georgia was awake.

I actually thought I could leave the children in the family room to watch TV this morning while I put up a new shower curtain in the master bathroom. I thought the children would be okay in front of the TV for those 10 minutes.

After about five minutes, Georgia came walking into the bathroom. She had found the orange marker. Her hands (tops and palms) and feet (tops and bottoms) and some of her face were colored a nice bright orange. Gaaaa!

I swear to God, I think she hides markers around the house like they’re dog biscuits. After I got the marker off of her, I then had to clean the marker footprints off the hardwood floor.

After all of this, I realized something that hasn’t happened in a few months. I was hot! It was actually hot in the house. It was in the upper 70’s outside! Hallelujah, Spring finally arrived today. I kept telling Eli to go outside and play to which I got, “I don’t feeeel like it.” (Imagine that as a whine.) Tomorrow, I think I will unplug the TV before he gets up. Then I’ll bet I could get him to go outside.

And that’s another thing. Why do they have to show the same damn shows on Nick Jr. over and over again? If it wasn’t Spongebob, it was Fairly Oddparents. And this is what I have had stuck in my head all day:

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You are now my hero! I am adding this to my list of blogs to watch, read, and comment on all the time!

I am notorious for singing all the Nick and Noggin songs, and swear I can hear them above everything else that may be going on in my house at any given time! :)

My son, who is 4, also hides markers. You are not alone my dear!

Mo and The Purries said...

Hides markers like dog biscuits - what a great image!

And I think they only made 4 episodes of The Fairly Odd Parents, and keep showing them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean about kiddo shows being shown over and over and over again. I think they make maybe 5 episodes for an entire season just to see how many parents they can make go crazy.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I love it when my kids say "just a second I don't think I've seen this one yet" Um yes you have it's the one where the crimson chin....... you fill in the blank. LOL

I'll take some cookies please.