Friday, April 18, 2008

Special K Bliss Bars make a yummy snack!



Dude! When I get chocolate in the mail, it is officially a good day! Yesterday, the folks at Kellogg’s sent me samples of their newest treat, Special K Bliss Bars (along with a lovely canvas bag).

Special K Bliss Bars come in two flavors, chocolate-dipped raspberry and chocolate-dipped orange. The bars are a combination of fruit-flavored pieces, crispy cereal and a chocolatey bottom layer. Plus, they are only 90 calories! (Holla!)

Now, for the all-important question – how do they taste?? I really liked the chocolate-dipped raspberry Special K Bliss Bars. I am a big fan of raspberry, and this had a nice flavor to it. The raspberry flavor was tasty without being overwhelming, and you had that bottom layer of chocolate, which was great. My only complaint on these is that I wish they were bigger! But at 90 calories, one Bliss Bar makes a perfect snack (or a really quick grab-and-go breakfast), especially if you have a big sweet tooth, like me. I always love a snack where I can satisfy that sweet craving but not have the guilt!

I also really liked the fact that it was something different. If you search down the aisle of cereal bars in the local grocery store, you won’t find anything else like these.

Now, I should touch on the chocolate-dipped orange Special K Bliss Bars. Let me preface this by saying that I’m really not a fan of orange anything, so I don’t know that I’m the best judge. I just thought that the orange flavor seemed overpowering. It wasn’t subtle like the raspberry bars, so I didn’t really care for them. My husband, however, absolutely loves anything orange, and he thought the orange Bliss Bars were out of this world!

My kids seem to enjoy both flavors. I use these to trick the kids. I ask, “Would you like to try one of mommy’s new ‘candy bars’?” That’s all I really need to say for them to jump on it. Both of the children just seemed to love them!

The Special K Bliss Bars should be available in stores near you today. You can also go to the Kellogg’s Web site to learn more and to check out more nutritional information about the Bliss Bars.

1 comment:

just for today said...

Hello, I just found your blog, and I am really enjoying it, but I have to let you know that your wrong, very wrong! Those orange special k bars are the best thing ever made. Yum, yum, yum!!!