Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Drowsy and bug-eyed

Okay, I know I’m tired when my four-year-old son just kicked my ass at air hockey. Eli spent a long time practicing by himself, so when it was my turn, the puck went click, click, zoom, and then he was yelling, “Yay! I’m really good at this, mommy!” What the hell? I used to be good at air hockey. I must be slipping in my old age.

Now that Christmas is over, the theme for the day was back to my normal theme of being tired. On Christmas, I actually got a chance to rest. Maybe about once a month that actually happens – I get caught up on my sleep. Then Christmas night came with a baby who wouldn’t sleep. I do okay when she’s up in the night, and there’s a resolvable issue, like hunger or a dirty diaper. But last night, she was up from 3:00 – 5:30 am for no other reason than she just didn’t feel like sleeping.

So, this morning, my well-restedness was long gone and I was sucking down my Caribou coffee. I did not feel like attempting to organize all the new toys. I gave cleaning a half-hearted effort, but by mid-morning, we were already missing balls for the Play Center and 1/3 of the train track which Eli decided to set up in the middle of the kitchen floor. Maybe I will try organization again tomorrow.

Tonight, I had every intention of being productive. Then Eric turned on the TV to the Disney channel. High School Musical was on. Apparently, I am waaaay behind. I had no idea this thing was such a phenomenon. The kids loved it. They were both up dancing. And I have to admit, I really liked it too. Has anyone seen this? It was really pretty good. Apparently it’s also a stage show? I had no idea.

Anyway, tomorrow I have to re-focus on work. I have a Passion Party on Friday night in Topeka, which is more than an hour away. I’m not quite sure what the hell I was thinking when I booked that party. . . okay, yes I do. But those dollar signs lose their shimmer a little bit when you’re lacking sleep.

Now, I am going to pop in a Prison Break DVD and wind down. Hopefully I will get a couple of hours of sleep before the baby alarm goes off.

5 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

what is with this High School Musical anyway, my nephew just had to have a T shirt!

Janna said...

You mentioned Caribou Coffee-- They make chewy coffee-flavored granola bars now. I just had one! They're actually not bad... and I don't even like to drink coffee.
Good luck trying to find some sleep!! May the baby monitor (and the baby) stay as quiet as you need it to be! :)

Kristin said...

Sadly, I know all about High School Musicak, but I have not a clue about a Passion Party?

Hope you get some rest!

Mo and The Purries said...

Prison Break, Caribou Coffee, and Passion Parties.. three of your favorite things.

Anonymous said...

My daughter got tickets to see it live next week for her Christmas Present from her grandmother. Who is also going to bring her :)

It is a craze. She wanted high school musical stuff for Christmas and she got it. From the I LOVE Tony purse to posters for her room.