Thursday, December 07, 2006

13 Things You Probably Shouldn't Say To Your Doctor


My old doctor recently retired, so I went in today to meet my new doctor. She looked to be about 12. And I don’t think she got my sense of humor. Here are 13 things I said to her, several of which were probably not a good idea.

1. It’s “Nee-la”. It’s not that difficult.

2. You look really, really young.

3. I’ll bet you still get carded for beer.

4. Your scales must be off. They weigh heavy.

5. I don’t really weigh that much. My new jeans must be at least 10 pounds.

6. If I need drugs, can I just call you or do I have to come in?

7. My blood pressure only goes up when I come to the doctor.

8. I’m interested in a breast reduction. After two kids, I now have to fold my breasts up to put them in my bra.



9. After two C-sections, my stomach looks like the skin on a Shar-Pei.

10. Oh really? Do you have kids?

11. That depends on what you consider too much caffeine.

12. Water aerobics, my ass.

13. Seriously, how old are you?


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! You gave me quite a chuckle, but it is scary when our doctors begin to look younger than us isn't it?

Julie
www.atmyhearth.blogspot.com

Barb said...

LOL.. I did a post on aging a few days ago where I said I have to arrange my nippies in my bra to have them point the same way. Happy TT

Unknown said...

you are too freaking hilarious!!! Happy TT!

Sonny said...

LOL!
I love the pic!!!

Hugs and Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny

http://sweetlikekitty.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Very funny.


Have a wonderful Thursday!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this very funny TT! Great pic... after giving birth to one child... my breast is half the doggy *just kidding*

Happy TT from Germany,
S.

Tug said...

#6 made me laugh out loud...funny!

Happy TT

Mo and The Purries said...

all very good
but #11 is vintage Nee-la!
:)

excellent TT!

Domestic CEO said...

The topic you posted on the TT website brought me here, and it's just as funny as I imagined. Very cute TT!!

So how young WAS she? :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, especially #9!

Sparky Duck said...

always make me smile.

"um, any aerobics my ass" fits better

Sadie said...

That's funny. I got a new doc recently and we went to high school together. And she was a year behind me. Which kinda creeped me out.

SQT said...

Oh that's funny.

I'd like to be able to call my doctor for drugs too. Why is that so hard to understand?

Anonymous said...

he! so great.
especially the drugs one!

Anonymous said...

I think #5 is also my problem. LOL!

Diane said...

I've thought everyone of your 13 comments in my head while at the docs office. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Anonymous said...

That is funny!

EHT said...

It's been a very long week and I needed a chuckle. Thanks! I'm going to giggle all the way to bed.

Bubba said...

Very, very funny list. Although, as a male, #8 gives me a mental image I would soon forget...and I'm sure you're exaggerating.

Have a great weekend!