Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ragu’s Fresh & Simple Pouches


As a busy mom, I am thankful for any product that saves me time and makes my life easier. When it comes to dinner, this task proves even more difficult because I have a son who rarely wants to eat. I swear, I don’t know how that child eats enough to keep the gears turning.

There is one thing that he loves to eat. That is spaghetti. I would definitely classify this as his favorite food. If there is a day where he hasn’t had enough to eat, all I have to do is make spaghetti and he will gobble it up.

One of our family’s favorite spaghetti sauces has always been Ragu. As much as I love to cook, I don’t have the time to make homemade spaghetti sauce, and with Ragu, I don’t have to. Ragu is so yummy, why bother with homemade sauce?

I was thrilled when I discovered that Ragu introduced Fresh & Simple Pouches – a great product that will save me tons of time in the kitchen. Ragu pouches are ready to serve. You simply snip off the corner and toss it in the microwave for 90 seconds. Then pour it over pasta and serve. What I do is make a batch of our favorite pasta at the beginning of the week. Then, whenever my kids are ready for a batch of yummy spaghetti, it’s ready in a flash! This is perfect for quick lunches or even the mid-afternoon whine of, “Mooooom! I’m hungry!”

Not to mention, Ragu Fresh & Simple Pouches have all-natural ingredients, plus Vitamin C, calcium, fiber and protein. You can be confident that your child is getting a healthy meal they love. And I love the ease! Heat up the sauce directly in the disposable pouch. No scrubbing pans! Woo hoo!

The big question is ‘How does it taste?’ AWESOME! My kids love the Ragu pouches, and they are very picky eaters. Ragu and Mom Central sent us two pouches to try – Tomato Basil and Tomato, Onion and Garlic, which was my favorite. (I lurve myself some garlic!)

Visit Ragu’s Web site for more information on Ragu’s new Fresh & Simple Pouches. And for those of us who love to cook, Ragu also has a downloadable cookbook! This free, downloadable recipe booklet has a bunch of great time-saving tips and meal planning suggestions for healthy meals. The booklet includes recipes and tips from the Food Network’s Robin Miller, celebrity fitness trainer Kathy Kaehler, and Mom Central’s Stacy DeBroff. You can download the booklet from http://www.feedourkidswell.com/.

No comments: