Sunday, May 04, 2008

Frosted Flakes Gold are golden!


My absolute favorite cereal when I was growing up was Frosted Flakes. I absolutely loved it! I thought they were grrrreat! :-) Of course when I was growing up, I didn’t know what whole grains were – I just like the fact that my cereal was covered in sugar! Oh, how times have changed.

I still love Frosted Flakes, and they have stepped their game up a notch so I love them even more! I recently received a sample of the new Frosted Flakes Gold cereal from Kellogg’s. Oh, YUM!!! If you are a fan of Frosted Flakes, you are going to LOVE Frosted Flakes Gold. These whole grain flakes are baked with honey!! There are 10 grams of whole grain and three grams of fiber in each serving. Dude! Who would have thought that my favorite cereal would become healthy?! Woo hoo!

I am so happy because my son has inherited my sweet tooth. When I served him a bowl of the new Frosted Flakes Gold, he absolutely loved them, and he had no idea I was serving him a cereal that is a great source of whole grains and fiber. Heh. Heh. Heh. Sneakiness is one of the main keys of being a good mom!

In addition to eating right, Kellogg’s is encouraging children to be more active – something we desperately need in the age of computer games and non-stop TV! Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes Gold has partnered with the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) to create the Five Golden Rules of Sportsmanship, which give coaches and parents the tools they need to help kids succeed on and off the field:

1. Play with a smile.
2. Be a winner no matter what the scoreboard says.
3. Show respect.
4. Be a good teammate.
5. Find good in the game.

The Five Golden Rules advocate important principals for children to achieve, and give them a guidebook to follow in practice, sports, games, or in their every day lives.

For more information about Frosted Flakes Gold, visit Kellogg’s Web site. Frosted Flakes Gold is now available in stores, so pick up a box today. You will be glad you did!

If you want to learn more about the Five Golden Rules of Sportsmanship program, visit the Frosted Flakes Web site.

1 comment:

DrillerAA said...

I was a Frosted Flakes Fanatic when I was a kid. I think my mom had to buy a box a week just to keep me supplied.
I'm going to have to try the new kid on the block. Thanks for the info.