1. A vat of hummus at Costco – I love hummus. So what, if it’s enough for an army and it expires next month and I will never be able to eat it all. It’s healthier than cheese dip.
2. More wine – Wine = antioxidants. It’s a health food.
3. Chocolate – See reasoning on #2. (You would be amazed at how much I can justify with this one.)
4. Going to Starbucks three times last week – I ran out of espresso pods for my machine. What am I supposed to do, go a week without a latte?! That’s just crazy talk!!
5. Four new pairs of shoes at Payless – BOGO sale! Buy one pair, get another pair half off. It’s not like I could only buy three!
6. $25 of new espresso pods for my machine – See #4. And yes, $25 worth. I order the pods on Amazon, so it’s not like I can just get a few at a time.
7. Necklace on ebay – I had a hard time justifying this one. The only thing that I could use was “At least it’s a helluva lot cheaper than the Tina Turner tickets my husband bought.”
8. Goo Goo Dolls fan club membership – See reasoning on #7. Plus, the GGD Web site has exclusive backstage videos. Where else can I see a video of Johnny Rzeznik washing his hair in the sink?! Worth every penny, I tell you!
9. Lunch from McDonald’s – It was either take both kids to the grocery store because we didn’t have food, or go through McDonald’s drive-thru and get lunch. That was an easy choice.
10. Dinner out with my friends – Okay, for a stay-at-home mom, this is a necessity at least once every two weeks. If I didn’t have that, they would be carting me off to the looney bin.
11. Two half gallons of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins – Have you noticed that the ice cream containers in the store are getting smaller (they’re down to 1.5 quarts), but the price doesn’t change. At least when you buy a half gallon of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins, you get a half gallon. And they have Jamoca Almond Fudge! Yum-o!
12. Hypnotherapy – See reasoning on #10.
13. Highlights – Okay, I don’t care how broke I get. I will never give up having my hair highlighted. I think my best friend Stacey said it best. “You can’t give that up! We’re not barbarians!”