Monday, February 05, 2007

Manic Monday - Drifting


Welcome to the second edition of Manic Monday. For those of you new to the Manic Monday concept, each week Morgen at It’s A Blog Eat Blog World gives us a word, and we have to come up with a post inspired by that word. Last week, the word was cruising. This week, I thought it was a little bit harder.

This week’s word is Drift (or drifting, drifter, drifts, etc.). I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a story inspired by the word drift. Since I have been through many Kansas winters, snow is the only thing that comes to mind. As many of you know, I despise snow with an ever-growing passion. Therefore, I refuse to write about it.

However, this does not mean I’m not inspired. (How did you like that double negative?) Since I heard the word drifting on Friday, I have had a song stuck in my head for the last two days. So, that is my inspiration. You get a look inside my head (scary) and the song that has been running through it. You can also enjoy how freakishly weird videos were in the 80’s. If anyone can explain what is up with the roller-skating waitresses other than the director was on crack, please share your thoughts. Aside from that, enjoy my inspiration for the word drifting.









7 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Heh heh heh...great video!
Thanks for sharing.

Mo and The Purries said...

Hi sweetie - I am snowed in at home today (arg!) so I can't watch your video (with ancient dial-up = no YouTube)
Thanks for participating & supporting Manic Monday!

mo

Lisa Ryan said...

that is such an 80's video!
loved your vacuum cleaner post. :-)

Unknown said...

YAY! How cool is this? It took me 20+ years to find out one of my fave songs during childhood was translated - Peter Schilling: "Major Tom - Völlig losgelöst" LOL

Thanks so much, Neila! My mind starts drifting into 80s memories =)

Desert Songbird said...

Funny I didn't think of this song! I guess I'm show my age - I went into the Way Back Machine for my musical selection.

peanut butter said...

the 80's confuse me....

Mo and The Purries said...

Gotta love the 80's!
I haven't heard that song in FOREVER!
Great drifting song!
The funny thing is: I can TOTALLY see Georgia bopping along to this song in her car seat!

PS: is this where the chasing waitresses in your dream came from??? I can see you running from rollerskating drive-in waitresses!