Monday, February 04, 2008

Froose It!

As many of my readers know, my children are picky eaters to say the least. Luckily, they guzzle down beverages throughout the day. I swear, if it wasn’t for drinkable yogurt and fortified Ovaltine, I don’t know how those two would keep going.

Needless to say, I am always on the lookout for healthy, low-sugar, low-calorie options that my kids will love – a difficult feat for any parent. Luckily, my job just got much easier!

The kind folks at Mom Central sent me 12 boxes of Froose to try out. Froose is a delicious whole-grain beverage that is a great alternative to juice! I have never run across a juice that is actually a “whole food” beverage, which means that Froose combines the best of organic whole grains and fruit. Sound weird? Well, you’re going to be amazed because not only is Froose nutritious, but it tastes incredible!

If you have a child who grabs juice boxes throughout the day, this is perfect for you. It is easy to let your children have juice rather than to engage in an all-out war with them just to try to limit their juice intake. Did you know that regular juice consists of simple carbohydrates, which come primarily from the sugar in fruit, and does NOT contain any of the other nutrients found in fruit?

Froose was created by mom inventor Denise Devine who, like me, was frustrated by watching her young children drink fruit juice all day and kicking aside other healthy choices. She got tired of her kids filling up on empty calories and not being hungry for dinner, so she decided to do something about it. Denise set out to develop a nutritious, smoothie-like alternative to juice that incorporated whole grains, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The resulting beverage is Froose!

Froose comes in three delicious flavors – Cheerful Cherry, Playful Peach and Perfect Pear. (My favorite is the Cherry. My son is leaning toward the Pear.) Froose comes in grab-and-grow™ 4-oz. juice boxes, which makes it convenient as well as tasty. One box contains only 80 calories, and 3 grams of fiber! Froose is sweetened with organic brown rice syrup, which is a complex carbohydrate, which means this will fill your kids up, without providing them empty calories or putting them on a sugar high. And best of all, Froose is wheat- and gluten-free!

Froose is currently being rolled out in retail stores across the nation. However if you want to try Froose now, you can conveniently order directly on the Froose Web site! I hope you enjoy it! The fact that my children love it should be a ringing endorsement. Yum-o, people!

1 comment:

Mo and The Purries said...

Sounds like a great idea for adults, too. I want to try Playful Peach.