1. Since my voice is so hoarse I can’t yell at the children.
2. They usually don’t listen to me anyway, but now they can pretend they don’t hear me.
3. I haven’t had the energy to do anything, especially cook, so my husband keeps bringing home dinner.
4. Unfortunately, since I have the flu, so I don’t want to eat anything.
5. I’ve lost weight. (woo hoo)
6. I also haven’t had the energy to clean the house.
7. I hate to clean the house, but at least now I have a good excuse not to do it.
8. The kind doctor gave me cough syrup with codeine for my cough.
9. You shouldn’t take this stuff before getting in the shower because you may not be able to stand for very long.
10. I get to “accidentally” cough on people I don’t like.
11. Your children have no sympathy for you when you are sick.
12. Even at 3:30 a.m.
13. Codeine is not enough to keep you asleep when someone is screaming, “MAMA!” at 3:30 a.m.