Friday, October 19, 2007

Official Battery Licker

In an update to my post earlier in the week, I would like to declare that Yes, I did it! I wasn’t going to cave. I wasn’t going to step out onto that ledge they call peer pressure, but in the end, all the “talk” proved to be too much for me. I had to see what it was all about.

There I was, in my kitchen, at the battery drawer, going through the double A’s in my frantic search for the 9-volt. Finally, buried in the back of the drawer, I found it. One lonely 9-volt, begging to be licked.

The anticipation had built all week (and that really is the best part, isn’t it), until the time had finally arrived. I opened my mouth, stuck out my tongue, and received a teeny tiny little buzz.

Dude. That’s it? Seriously? I get more of a jolt when I burn my tongue on my morning coffee. To share my level of anti-climactivity, when Eric walked in the door, I made him open his mouth and I shoved the battery on his tongue.

He just said, “What exactly are we doing?”

I just sighed, “Oh never mind.” Next week, I need to come up with an experiment that’s more interesting.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahah. What a riot. :)

Sparky Duck said...

I almost enjoy the feel of the sting on my tongue from a D battery. The taste sucks though