Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Restaurant Meme

Sadie tagged me for the Restaurant Meme! Yippee skippy! This is one that I’ve been excited about! These are the rules:


1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country you’re in.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.


I live in Overland Park, KS, USA (suburb of Kansas City, MO). My top five favorite places to eat (and boy was it hard to narrow it down) are:



1. Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue – This is my absolute favorite restaurant. There is one blocks from my house here in OP, and there is one on the KC, MO side. They have the best freaking lamb ribs you have ever tasted in your life. Perfect sauce. AND the best side ever – cheesy corn bake. Oh yeah, baby! Even though this restaurant is only available in the KC area, you can buy their products through QVC. Go for it. Taste the heaven!


2. J. Alexander’s – I didn’t even realize this was a chain until five minutes ago when my husband informed me. Either way, they have awesome food. Anything from steak to chicken sandwiches, they are awesome. They have the best shoestring fries ever. And their desserts rock. Key lime pie, carrot cake and cheesecake to die for. Okay, I need to stop before I have an orgasm just talking about it.


3. Jalapeno’s – Mmmm . . . Best Mexican food in town. Love their homemade chips, but my favorite thing on their menu is the Jalepeno dip, a white cheese dip with jalepenos in it. It is amazing! They have damn good strawberry margaritas, too!


4. Tomfooleries – This place is located on the Country Club Plaza, and it has a very eclectic menu with all kinds of burgers and sandwiches. They have a great appetizer of fried pickles. Yum-o! And my favorite appetizer? Peanut butter fried chicken salad. Dude! It is the best thing ever! For dessert, don’t forget the smores. And top it off with a Mind Eraser to drink!


5. Spin! Pizza – Great local pizza place! I love the thin crust pizza. This place has an AWESOME chicken pizza that they make with a white cheese sauce. They serve it with a little side salad, and they sell gelato for dessert. It’s really perfect! You can even bring your own bottle of wine, and they will serve it to you!

Tag: Okay, considering everyone I would tag has done this already, how about this? If you are reading this, I tag you! Ha! But come on, this is a fun one!!

3 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Heh heh...I tagged myself for this one Sunday. :)

I liked it too. But, looking at others makes me so hungry. I wanna eat at the Mexican place with you. I LOVE a good mexican place. :)

Nicole said...

Fiorella’s Jack Stack BBQ sounds so good…I think someone who did the tag before said J Alexander was good…and jalapenos too! Tomfooleries and the peanut butter fried chicken salad sounds awesome!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

Anonymous said...

Woo.. yet another voters for Jalapeno and J Alexander's.

I have no idea why.. but I have this seriously bad craving over mexican and seafood now :)

Hehehe... I wanna try Jalapeno's now!

Thanks for your list :D