Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Minty Fresh Bathroom


Eli is currently addicted to brushing his teeth. I should not be complaining about this issue. This is a good thing. After the whole tooth-pulling situation, and our numerous visits to the dentist, Eli seemed pleased with his new fun toothbrushes and fun toothpastes they gave him – SpongeBob bubblegum flavored toothpaste.

Let me tell you, I grabbed that one night to brush my teeth without thinking. Dude! Bubble gum toothpaste just does not taste good when you’re an adult! Yuck!

I used to have to force Eli to brush his teeth because it was something he hated to do. Now, every time he visits the bathroom to pee, he stops to brush his teeth. The only problem is that he doesn’t understand that we only use A LITTLE BIT of toothpaste and that we SPIT IT OUT!! I can’t seem to drill those two things through his head.

Last week, I think he went through an entire tube of SpongeBob toothpaste! I think he uses his two little fists to try to squeeze it on his toothbrush, and he gets it all over the bathroom in the process.

I just bought a new tube on Saturday. Today, when I went in the bathroom, the tube was squeezed in half, and there was toothpaste on the counter, the mirror and the floor. It looked like the child had attempted to paint with it.

“Eli!” I shouted. He came running, and I pointed out AGAIN how he could brush his teeth as much as he wanted but that he needed to use small amounts. He pretended not to know what I was talking about and tried to blame the mess on Georgia. *sigh* Then I told him that if he continued to waste toothpaste I wasn’t going to buy the SpongeBob kind anymore. (That crap is expensive!)

I then proceeded to wipe up the toothpaste mess in the bathroom, and I did notice one positive effect. The smell from all the toothpaste really freshens up the bathroom. This really counterbalances the urine smell from when Eli misses the potty.

See? I can put a positive spin on anything!

5 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

This really counterbalances the urine smell from when Eli misses the potty.

If anyone ever asks me why I read Blog That Mommy! I'm just going to point them to this line.

Tube of Spongebob Toothpaste = $4.99
Dentist bill for wonky tooth = $1,500
The comedy gold that Neila can mine out of her life = PRICELESS

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

HIlarious post, the line about balancing the smell of pee...I almost spit out my cappucino! My 2 year old is all about brushing her teeth too, like you said, hard to complain about that!

Desert Songbird said...

Your kids never cease to amaze me. I've never experienced a fourth of the things you have with yours, and my kids are much older than yours.

I can't say I'm envious, but your humor is your best coping mechanism!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Yup, we go through the same thing around here. I will find globs of tootpaste on the light fixtures, drawer pulls, bathtub, toilet, ceiling, etc. *Sigh* The joys of motherhood. :)

Sunrunner said...

That is the best way to put a positive spin on spilled toothpaste!!! Our kids haven't managed to get toothpaste on the mirror, but the sink, counter, floor and occasionally the tub is something else.