Friday, June 15, 2007

Minor Tantrum Tale

Okay, this is a very minor Georgia tantrum video. This is what I would call one of the calmer reactions I get from her when I tell her "No."

In this particular instance, I was eating my usual breakfast of coffee and a Zone energy bar. I am addicted to those damn things! Well, Georgia saw me eating what looked like a candy bar and came at me like a rabid bear. "WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT!"

The last thing she needs is an energy bar. I tried to offer her a bite, but she was not happy with that. I decided to grab the camera and capture her reaction . . .

8 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Oh, you are so much more patient than I ever was. I would have silently and quickly picked her up and placed her in her room. Then I would have closed the door, walked into my room, closed and locked my door, and ignored her until she calmed down.

Can you tell that I've done this in years gone by?

Sunrunner said...

You're nicer than I am I have to admit. I tend to be the harda** of the family anyway. I can't tell you how many tantrums I've cut off by asking "Do you want to go to work with me tonight?" or "After dealing with screaming adults all night, do you really thhink that the screaming is going to affect me?" (Working in a jail is very unique.) I know it's probably not very nice, but it works.

Anonymous said...

Wait for a surprise at my blog for you this Sunday!

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Wow, she reminds me of my daughter when she hears no lately! She'll be two in a week and I can feel it coming, sneaking up slowly...terrible twos!

Mo and The Purries said...

I love the cameo by Eli!
Can you see me now?
ha -- like a little phone dude!
You should do a series of Eli poking up saying "can you see me now"

Love you
mo

Sadie said...

I was thinking the same thing as Mo. Little Eli, just checking in to make sure you can see him.

Anonymous said...

It's funny because I can totally relate to that!! It's gotten to the point where I can't eat in front of the kids!!

peanut butter said...

wow. that was interesting. making me re-think the whole 'kids' thing.... lol =]
your voice sounds a lot different than i imagined it.... hm...